Head, Public Sector at Antal International Tanzania
Salary” Competitive Salary + Other Benefits
Industry: Banking & Financial Services
Responsible for developing, growing and managing customer relationships and for increasing the Bank’s revenue through marketing of the banks products and services to identified Public Sector Customers.
Additionally, to develop and maintain positive customer relationships, oversee the marketing of the Bank’s products and services and ensure maximum profitability.
Grow the Bank’s share of Public Sector and Institutional business in the country by developing and maintaining relationships with Government and Institutions.
- Primary responsibility for the management of own portfolio of customers ensuring that they receive the appropriate level of service and advice to meet their specific needs
- Participate in the budget preparation, annual marketing plans and strategies for the business offices to achieve targeted growth objectives.
- Playing a key role in client acquisition and management of existing Public Sector and Institutional client relationships consistent with the Bank’s strategy in-order to achieve desired quality business growth
- Enhance client retention by providing a one-stop point of contact for all the client’s needs and requirements while providing world class customer service
- Establish and develop various sales strategies to meet ever changing customer needs in liaison with the New Product Development Team
- Maintain, acquire and reactivate customer relationships to improve deposit liability growth and mix.
- Conduct market research and competitor analyses within marketing area and strategize plans that will give the bank a large part of the market within its vicinity
- Ensure effective relationship management for existing customers and build new relationships
- Monitor and control business office income and expenditure to ensure profitability.
- Recommend the creation of viable and profitable risk assets to increase business office profitability
- Maximize account profitability by selling other products and services to the banks customers
- Drive collections in customer’s account which will be used for FX and other businesses.
- Identify and develop conglomerates banking relationships
- Ensure proper documentation throughout the credit application and availment process
- Sourcing for and monitoring of customer’s tenured investment / facilities.
- Design product offerings tailored to meet the needs of public sector in the country while maintaining regular contacts with Parastatal Heads and other executives to push the Bank’s public sector business.
- Liaise with branches to provide support in specific areas
- Support in pushing the Bank’s existing Public Sector products(collections, payments, loans)
- Sell various bank products to the Public sector Staff
- Participate in States’ projects financing deals and mobilize deposits from them.
- Collate and review monthly performance for Head, Institutional Banking and Public Sector
Key Performance Indicators
- PBT Budget Achievement
- Deposit Budget Achievement
- 80:20 Deposit Mix (Cheap Funds: Purchased Funds)
- Average Product Per Customer
- % Reduction in dormant accounts
- Customer Retention Index
- 75% of all Public Sector accounts controlled by the Bank in the country
- Timeliness in delivering revenue generation reports
- Number of Corporate accounts opened
- Efficiency level at executing scheduled and ad hoc assignments
- Effectiveness establishing new relationships
- Targets Assigned Vs Actual
- Additional KPIs as captured on the performance system
- First degree in any field.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience, 3 of which must have been in the marketing arm of a Bank
Key Competency Requirements:
- Must be self-solution driven, proactive and have an in-depth knowledge of the business environment & Credit.
- Must exhibit drive energy, aggression and passion for business development and acquisition.
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers, and determine what products or service would best serve those needs
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong credit and marketing skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiations skills.
- Marketing and Selling Skills
- Relationship Management skills
- Impressive Networking skills/ Contact Databas