Dar es Salaam
The National Council of People Living with HIV
The National Council of People Living with HIV (NACOPHA) is a national Non-Governmental Organization responsible tor coordinating efforts of PLHIV in Tanzania and the highest body and voice representing all organizations/groups and individuals PLHIV in mainland Tanzania.With financial support from USAID, NACOPHA is currently implementing the HEBU TUYAJENGE Project in 65 Councils of Tanzania. This project contributes to HIV epidemic control by increasing the adoption of higher impact community HIV preventive, care, and treatment services among at-risk adolescents, young women, and PLHIV in 65 high burden councils in Tanzania.
NACOPHA seeks innovative, self-driven, dynamic and competent qualified candidates to fill the positions of Knowledge Management Specialist and Research and Data Scientist.
JOB TITHE: RESEARCH AND DATA SCIENTIST
Research and Data Scientist is responsible for oversight of Action Research, documentation of results; learning; providing technical support to project staff on data management, analysis; and developing project reporting framework.
Key responsibilities and required skills and experience
- Assist in the development and revisions of the project action research framework particularly in performing qualitative and quantitative research
- Lead the research agenda for NACOPHA, to document and publish findings contributing to the national knowledge base of data for decision-making and advocacy agenda.
- This includes justification, design and execution of research assignments and regular analysis of routine data to inform programming decisions
- Provide technical lead in the data processing, validation, analysis, and reporting needs of NACOPHA projects.
- This includes development of national and Cluster level CLM reports and supporting Cluster leaders to validate and present CLM findings to LGAs, ministries and development partners
- Provide technical advice in the management of CLM database and support to CLM implementing partners in sharing and utilization of CLM data for improving quality of HIV services
- Participate in CLM National Coordination Platform meetings with IPs, development partners and the government
- Performing data extractions, data management and analysis using statistical packages including STATA, Epi info, SPSS, Python and other web-based analytical tools such as KOBO Toolbox for Community-led Monitoring (includes study design, and statistical and M&E support to projects)
- Identify and establish feed linkages from valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Participate in searching, initiating, and writing of project proposals for NACOPHA
- Develop and implement program research plans and protocols, ensuring validation of research methodologies in line with required standards.
- Present results and findings using data visualization techniques
- Propose data-based solutions and strategies to research projects and challenges.
- Identify areas where technical support to project is required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master of science in information technology, or postgraduate in research and learning, demography, social science, statistics with training and experience in M&E, Project Management, or related fields.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in statistics, research, data management and M&E in a USAID funded project.
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, reporting, data quality assessment, data analysis and presentation.
- Proven experience in managing and providing training to PLHIV, Youths, Adolescents, and other vulnerable populations.
- Experience and understanding of the USAID framework and reporting system
- Proven experience in community-based approaches and programs that meaningfully engage vulnerable populations in designating, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Proven experience in working with Government ministries, LGAs, Implementing and Development partners
- Strong technical skills including ability to process and analyze data using statistical software packages including STATA, SPSS, NVivo, python, web-based and related software
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, under time pressure and meet deadlines.
Excellent analytical skills.
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, and experience using accounting software package including SAP.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their application letters supported with up to date CV indicating three referees, copy of relevant certified academic certificates and cover letter addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
National Council of People Living with HIV in Tanzania (NACOPHA)
P. 0. Box.55811
Dar es Salaam
or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is 19 August 2022. only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.