SWAN AND ITS BENEFITS IN BREEDING(ufugaji wa bata kibiashara)
Hello Breeder you are reading our articles on BREEDING. Today we have come up with this article that explains a few things about Breeding Ducks or swan as they are called by many.
These ducks are called swan ( Bata maji) due to their habit of playing with water for a long time. Also these ducks cannot feed without water around.
BENEFITS OF DUCK( faida za kufuga Bata maji )
- They grow fast unlike chickens
- Its reproductive system is very different from that of chickens as duck eggs have the ability to retain heat for a long time
- Ducklings do not need heat during their growth because their skin has a lot of fur.
- It is not easy to be attacked by diseases like chickens
- They do not need close supervision like chickens
- They lay large and nutritious eggs (yellow cell)
- They have a stew (sweet meat)
- They reach a maximum weight of up to 6 kg per male Duck
- They withstand both hot and cold weather.
- Its market is particularly reliable for duck-loving communities such as Upareni