Broiler chicken production process – Ufugaji wa kuku wa nyama hatua kwa hatua – broiler production manual
Requirements for the broiler chicken project (200)
Purchase of two hundred (200) X 1300 chicks = Tshs. 260,000 / =
2. FOOD CHICKEN FOOD
|TIME(WEEK)||TOTAL FOOD IN A WEEK||JUMLA|
|Day 1 – Week 1 (7Day)||25g X Day 7||175g|
|Day 2 – Week 2 (7Day)||50g X Day 7||350g|
|Day 3 – Week 3 (7Day)||65g X Day 7||455g|
Thus, for every 200 chickens will need 980g x 200 chickens = 196000g (196Kg) which is equivalent to an average of 4 bags of 50 kilograms at a cost of: = 4 bags Tsh Tshs. 38,000 (price per bag) / = = Tshs.152,000 / =
From the 3rd week to the 6th week (21 days), they will be given Broiler Finisher food as follows:
|TIME(WEEK)||TOTAL FOOD IN A WEEK||JUMLA|
|Week 3 – 4 (7Day)||80g X Day 7||130g|
|Week 4 – 5 (7Day)||110g X Day 7||770g|
|Week 5 – 6 (7Day)||130g X Day 7||910g|
So for all 200 chickens will need 2240g x 200 chickens = 448,000g (448Kg) equivalent to 9 bags of 50Kg,
at a cost of: 9 bags x Tshs 38,000 (price per bag) / = Tshs. 342,000 / =
The average average employee cost per month is Tshs. 40,000 / =. So, for the whole pastoral period it is equivalent to Tshs. 40,000 / = X month 1.5 = Tshs. 60,000
- 4. Medicines and vaccines of broiler chicken – madawa ya kuku
The average cost of medicines and vaccines is Tshs. 50,000 / = for a total period of six weeks for all chickens.
5. Cage OF broiler chicken – banda la kuku wa nyama
Technically Cage OF broiler chicken – banda la kuku wa nyama, in an area of 16m2 they are required to house 200 chickens and the cost of the shed / house is estimated to be Tshs. 5000 / = per month. So, for the whole pastoral period (6 weeks / 1.5 months) is equivalent to Tshs.5000 / = X 1.5 months = Tshs. 7,500 / =
4. Light and heat
If the maximum cost of one power unit is Tshs 250 / = and 4 bulbs will be needed for the first 14 days. So, the cost of electricity is Tshs. 250 X bulbs 4 X 14 days = Tshs. 14,000 / =.
The average cost of charcoal for the first 14 days is 2 sacks X Tshs. 20,000 / = (the price of one sack) which is equivalent to Tshs. 40,000 / = for all 200 chickens.
The average amount of water per 200 chickens per day is 5 buckets (100 liters), and the average of one bucket of water is Tshs. 50 / =. So for the whole pastoral period (6 weeks) it is equal to 5 Buckets X X 6 weeks (42 days) X Tshs.50 / = equals Tshs. 10,500 / = for all 200 chickens.
The average cost of bedding for the whole grazing period is: Tshs.10,000 X per month 1.5 = Tsh 15,000 / =
7. Total expenditure – gharama za ufugaji wa kuku pdf – gharama za ufugaji wa kuku wa nyama
- Purchase of two hundred (200) chicks Tshs. 260,000 / =
- Food Costs for Broiler Starter Tshs. 152,000 / =
- Food Costs for Broiler Finisher Tshs. 342,000 / =
- Employee costs Tshs. 60,000 / =
- Drug and vaccine costs Tshs. 50,000 / =
- Electricity costs Tshs. 14,000 / =
- Water Costs Tshs. 10,500 / =
- Charcoal costs Tshs. 40,000 / =
- Bedding costs Tshs. 15,000 / =
- Pavilion / cave costs Tshs. 7,500 / =
TOTAL Tshs. 951,000 / =
NOTE: VACCINATION AND CLEANLINESS ARE VERY IMPORTANT FOR BETTER RESULTS FOR BENEFITING FARMING
8. Income of sales of chickens – bei ya kuku wa nyama 2022 – chicken price in tanzania
The minimum poultry (bei ya kuku wa nyama 2022) sales are Tshs.6,500 / = (Each chicken weighs an average of 1.3 kg) per hen, so for all 200 chickens it is equivalent to Tshs. 6,500 x 200 200 = Tshs. 1,300,000 / =
Sales of fertilizers available are estimated at 26 bags / bags and if the average price per bag is Tshs. 2000 / = so the total sales of fertilizers are bags / bags 26 X Tshs. 3000 / = Tshs. 78,000 / =
The benefits will be: Tshs. 1,378,000 – Tshs. 951,000 = Tshs. 427,000 / = for just six weeks, minus all expenses.
Thus, the total revenue is Tshs. 1,378,000 / =
- The best results for commercial farming start in the environment / not in the chickens themselves, so consider the dimensions of the shed to determine the total number of chickens needed. (1m2 = Broilers 9 – 12)
- Observe the cleanliness of the pavilion after each disturbance or after an outbreak.
- Follow immunization schedule without fail using a safe vaccine.
- It is best to treat as soon as symptoms appear and to exclude infected chickens from the flock.
- Almost all poultry diseases are spread by feces, so avoid the environment of injecting sick chickens into the pen by paying attention to food, bedding, utensils, n.k.
It is advisable for the breeder to buy professionally prepared feed for the following reasons:
- Disease control for chickens.
- Toxic control in chickens (poisoning i.e., mycotixins).
- Avoid bad mix of nutrients for the relevant poultry group.
- Save time and add more effort to production.
- Make sure you have accurate records of income and expenditure.
- Make sure you are close to your nearest Livestock Officer for further assistance.
- Buy chicks on safe farms in collaboration with specialists (free from diseases).
- Note: The ideal temperature required for good poultry farming is between 60 ° F – 90 ° F (15.6 ° C – 32 ° C).